Kindly note we will be closed Fri 8/5 - tue 8/8 to enjoy a little r+r
the dc area's greek bakery🏺🇬🇷
Want the Tea?
Posted on August 01 2022,
Wellness is such a buzzword in today's society. Questions I've asked regarding wellness: What is it? How can I achieve it? How do I maintain it? It's something I've been incredibly mindful of, especially with all the craziness of the past few years. Regardless of the hours I've spent researching, I (obviously) am not a doctor + all of this is just my opinion based on things I've experienced + worked for me that I wanted to share with you all.
So, do you want the tea or what?
Okay, okay...keep reading.
Building my physical, spiritual, + social wellness, I have found chamomile tea to be one of the driving forces that calms my mind, nourishes my body + helps me focus on practicing healthy habits throughout the day. I love to start my morning with a piping hot cup of earthy chamomile tea, sometimes I'll randomly sprinkle some cinnamon in there or add some honey. I have read SO much about the, what seems to be, unlimited, benefits of chamomile tea. Below are just a few of the benefits I, personally, have experienced:
- Boosts Immunity + Treats Colds (especially with a spoonful of honey stirred in)
- Decreases Blood Pressure (definitely helped me when everything was shut down due to the pandemic + I had to figure out a plan B for my business)
- BETTER SLEEP, I repeat, BETTER SLEEP (I have a cup before bed while I'm reading a book in bed or catching up on my show + I swear I have never slept better)
- Reduces Stress (starting my mornings with a cup helps me relax amidst the chaos of running my own business, haha)
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties (helped end my war with breakouts on my face + the dark circles under my eyes aren't as noticeable)
Chamomile tea helps me start + end my day. Wellness may be multidimensional and tea may be known as an ancient herbal medicine, but I find it helps me maintain my overall wellness in more ways than one. So, there's the tea one of my wellness best practices. Hope it helps you too.
*Fun fact* the Ancient Greeks used chamomile tea to treat wounds + promote healing. I haven't tried that yet, but if it worked for the Ancient Greeks, I feel like it should work for me too🤣