As a mom, I'm always working on creative ways to ensure my son is exposed to a variety of foods -- especially as an energetic six year old! Hello zoom-classroom focus. But, what about me? It's so easy to skimp on a robust meal, so this is why I try to meal prep each week.
Earlier this week, I prepped lots of roasted vegetables, boiled beans, sliced onion and washed herbs totally ready to toss together for a fast and nutrient dense meal.
After eating this meal pictured, I felt/feel so freaking amazing, that I stopped what I was working on to write this quick recipe post!
Here's what's in this yummy bowl -- layered in the order below. Select items available for online order to pickup from our kitchen.
- Arugula, handful
- Black eye peas, handful
- Roasted cauliflower & brussels sprouts, 1 cup
- Red onion, a few thin slices
- Feta Salata, 2 tablespoons
- Chopped cilantro, 2 tablespoons
- Olives, 3-4
- Extra virgin Greek Olive Oil, drizzle
- Red wine vinegar, 1-2 teaspoons
- Greek sea salt & pepper, as desired